Arranging a loved ones funeral
Having to plan a funeral for a person close to you can be a daunting task. As your Bendigo funeral directors, we are here to provide guidance and support. Our team will help you through this difficult time, carefully listening to your needs and requirements to help create a fitting farewell for your loved one.
William Farmer will endeavour to make the process of organising a funeral as stress free for you as possible. The initial funeral arrangement meeting may take at least one hour.
During our discussion we will record the decisions and choices made to create a detailed plan of the funeral service discussed. During the following days, until the funeral service is conducted, we work closely with you, provide ongoing assistance while liaising with the clergy or celebrant, newspapers, florists, cemeteries, churches and any other third parties that might be required in preparation for the funeral service.
You won’t feel rushed or confused as we take time planning funerals, this is to ensure the arrangements made are thought through carefully and thoughtfully. We are always available either at our office, by phone or email for any queries or guidance you may need.
Our discussion may include:
- A Burial or Cremation
- Preferred day and time
- Type of Funeral Service (religious or non-religious)
- Venue of Funeral Service (Church, Chapel or other and how you may decorate it)
- Clergy, Celebrant or other (We can provide contacts)
- Selecting a coffin or casket from our range (We have a wide range of coffins and caskets varying in colour, material and style)
- Type of flowers for the coffin
- The option of clothing for; and viewing of your loved one
- Preparing and inserting of death and funeral notices into required newspapers
- Organising any service printing requirements (choice of order of services, bookmarks or cards- we will supply examples)
- Producing audio visual and music presentations
- Any catering requirements (View our Chapels page to find out more)
- Special Touches (Doves, butterfly release, themes, particular colour to wear to funeral, vehicles and balloon release to name a few)
- Any life symbols, donations or a guard of honour.
- Costs involved