Funeral Service Formats
You can choose a wide range of formats for a funeral service. There is no 'right' way to format a funeral service, this is completely up to the family. Our Funeral Directors will provide advice and guidance during this time of planning.
Formats may include...
- Church or Chapel service followed by a burial
- Church or Chapel service followed by a cremation
- Private burial followed by a public memorial service
- A graveside service
- Service held in the crematorium chapel
- A Private family service held at the family home
- An informal gathering held in our reception room
These are only a few options, but often the most asked for.
Who will officiate?
If you or a loved one has an association with a church or religious group your clergy will most likely be your first choice. May you you or your loved one has not attended church for many years, but would still like a clergy member, your Funeral Director has easily arrange this. You may prefer a celebrant to lead the funeral service- we have celebrants that we can highly recommend to you.
Maybe a family member would like to lead the service, this is ok to. If available, and at the families request, our Funeral Directors can also assist as an MC.
You or the person who has died may already know the clergy or celebrant. However, this is often not the case and we will ensure that the person we recommend will help honour and celebrate the life being farewelled.