William Farmer Funeral Directors is one of Bendigo’s most respected and professional funeral directors. We continue to guide and support families in creating fitting farewells for their loved ones across all faiths and cultures.
For over 150 years, we have been a trusted member of the Bendigo and surrounding community and we are now looking for a caring, organised and professional Funeral Director to join our team.
This role requires a dedicated individual that can demonstrate they are self-directed and able to co-ordinate and handle a variety of tasks to deliver a high level of service to our families.
The role essentially requires:
- Experience in the funeral industry including mortuary preparation
- A compassionate and caring individual who can multi-task
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Good verbal, written and personal presentation
- Be outcome focused
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service
- A good understanding of IT and AV equipment
- A good level of fitness
- A current drivers licence
The role will include, but not limited to:
- Discussing and planning funeral details with bereaved families, including associated administrative tasks
- Setting up for funeral services both within our facilities, as well as at external venues and cemeteries
- Providing support to your colleagues and assisting them before, during and after the service
- Mortuary care
- The transfer of deceased persons into our care or to the Coroners Court in Melbourne
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of vehicles and facilities
- Participation in an after-hours on call roster (1 week in every 4)
If you consider yourself to have excellent communication skills, someone who is a team player, can provide the highest level of service and care and is looking for a rewarding career, please send your cover letter and resume via the seek portal.
Applications close Friday, February 7, 2020 at 5pm.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.